Here’s what’s going on in the San Diego market and where we may be heading.
I was recently interviewed about how our real estate market is doing and where it may be heading. Our prices have increased by over 20% in the last year here. But if you want to predict changes in any market, you need to understand the supply and demand equation. Supply and demand are the basis for how the real estate market works. We dive into that and much more in this video exploring the housing real estate market in San Diego! We also cover:
Will our kids be able to own a home or will only Wall Street and only the Ultra-Rich own all the real estate?
- Is there an Exodus from California and if so where are the buyers coming from?
- How is the rental market driving housing prices? Is it more expensive to rent or own?
- How is purchasing by large Wall Street institutions impacting the housing market and what this is showing us about investing in real estate?
- What does the current supply of homes available for sale look like in San Diego?
- Is the market and the rapid appreciation we’ve seen this past year starting to stabilize?
Feel free to watch the full message above, or use these timestamps that will direct you to various points in the video.
0:00 — Introduction to today’s topic
0:55 — San Diego has a bit of an exodus happening
2:05 — Homebuilding restrictions are preventing housing supply from increasing
2:55 — People from more expensive areas are coming to San Diego
3:45 — Prices can’t rise forever, but they don’t have to drop either
4:40 — Unless the market shifts rapidly (which is unlikely), we won’t see a large market decline
5:50 — It’s currently incredibly difficult to rent a house
7:40 — If you’re considering purchasing a home, now’s the time
8:25 — Wrapping up today’s topic
If you have any questions about our market or real estate in general, call or email me. I would love to help you.